Well friends, it has been awhile since I have posted anything on here. I guess I had a lost interest or just got too busy over the holidays. anyway...
My last day of work for 2005 was December 17. That weekend I drove to KS and spent a few days with friends there. As always, we had a great time. Sun morning, Dec 19, we awakened to a fresh new blanket of snow on the ground. It just made everything seem a little more like Christmas. On Dec 22, I made my way through the winding roads of southern Missouri and northern Arkansas to middle TN to visit my parents and other family members. I had a pleasant 8 1/2 hour trip and arrived that afternoon. My nephews and niece were excited to see me and couldn't wait to show me everything new that had taken place since my last visit. One of those new things was a passal of puppies. They were already several weeks old, had their eyes open and were running around. The mother of these puppies, however, is part devil, I think. She is a beagle/rat terrior mix, with a hint of demon. Vicious. Evil. Hostile. I don't think she could have really hurt us too badly since we armed ourselves with a rake, broom, and a stick before making our way to the kennel. As we approached ever so cautiously, the mother tried to attack, but in vain. As I tried to keep her snarling jowls at bay, Darren and Missy discovered one of the puppies lying lifeless away from the group. My mom was there and took the puppy inside to try to bring it back to life. After a couple of days, Lazarus, as I call him, was up and running around, playing with the rug in the kitchen and just being a normal puppy again. It's amazing how quickly he recovered from the grip of death. He has become a favorite at the homeplace and I'm sure will be around as part of the family for years to come.
I had a great visit while in TN. It was wonderful being with all the family for Christmas once more. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and an awesome New Year!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It was fun reading the interesting detail of your Christmas experience. Happy New Year to you.
Post a Comment